Fastmarkets is an independent commodity pricing and information organisation with over 500 staff. We are fuelled by values that brings us all together and are united by a collective passion to make a difference. We are supported by a working model that we call “Working 3.0” that is based on flexibility and trust, which allows us to bring our best selves to work every day.
Fastmarkets is the most trusted Price Reporting Agency (PRA) in the metals, mining, agriculture, forest products, and energy transition markets. Our price data, forecasts, and market analyses give our customers strategic advantage in complex, volatile, often opaque markets. Our events provide forums for market participants to come together, trade, and talk through the critical issues of our times.
We are making a difference. Fastmarkets works to create transparent commodity markets through our reliable and trusted price data and market intelligence. The markets we serve are central to how economies work and are essential for our lives. By doing this, Fastmarkets helps our customers build a more sustainable world. We are built on a 130-year foundation while bringing a digital platform to market, combining the currency of trust with the power of digital.
Most importantly, we are fuelled by our teams that, across the globe, making the amazing possible. With a deep sense of purpose and belonging, we are building an extraordinary future – together. If you would like to help build the future, we hope you will join us on our journey.
Fastmarkets was founded in 1913 (as Metal Bulletin) and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by global private equity firm Astorg, a specialist investor in healthcare, software, technology, business services and technology-based industrial companies.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate eager to help leading companies and governments transition to a low carbon, sustainable future by collecting, analyzing and delivering the data and insights that our clients need to navigate this change.
We are looking for a highly skilled and experienced candidate who will be responsible for the collection, analysis and delivery of data related to battery raw materials, battery production capacity and other related information. Your efforts will make a real difference in helping Fastmarkets to achieve its ambitious growth plans and grow the Renewable Energy practice.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced and innovative environment, have a can-do attitude, advice and can juggle a wide variety of tasks and projects.
To support forecasts of raw materials from battery recycling:
- Collect and maintain battery raw material recycling data from electric vehicles (EV) and energy storage systems (ESS) including different recycling technologies, and regional and sector dynamics
- Deconstruct aggregate recycled battery raw material supply, demand, capacity, cost and other data collected into granular components
- Collect prepare, calculate, and maintain supply, demand, capacity analysis in Fastmarkets models
- Update databases and forecast models as needed based on inputs
To provide support for external and internal users of Fastmarkets’ forecasts of raw materials from battery recycling:
- Assist the forecast and analytics team with content for subscription and consulting projects
- Support the product team’s development of forecast products
- Data contributions for presentations at industry events and forums
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
We are looking for an individual who is highly motivated, driven, and have a passion to be part of a fast-paced, successful team. Being a strong team player is also important as well as someone who is happy to work flexibly.
- Experience or familiarity with battery recycling
- Degree or experience in a relevant discipline (geology, mining, metallurgy, engineering, economics or business)
- Fundamental knowledge or experience in business analysis and economic concepts, practices, and procedures a plus.
- Strong data identification and acquisition expertise conducted via primary and secondary research
- Experience with foundational analytical skills: modelling, statistics and managing data
- Verbal and written English fluency
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications
- Comfortable working and collaborating in a diverse, multicultural environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work 3.0 – 5 day work week’ every Friday is half-day
- Flexible working – employees have the ability to choose where they work – whether in the office, at home, or a hybrid approach
- Personal Development - unlimited access to online educational training courses via LinkedIn Learning
- Social benefits package - food vouchers, additional health insurance, life insurance, Employee Assistance Program
- Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation and 2 additional paid days for participation in volunteering events
- Work environment - excellent work conditions with a friendly environment at an international company
Fastmarkets people come from all different walks of life. It’s this mix of brilliant personalities, experiences and insights that gives us that warm, open, and friendly culture you can feel as soon as you meet us. But however wonderfully different we all are, there are six things we all have in common – and they form our Fastmarkets values.
Created by our own employees to reflect some of the personal traits that Fastmarkets people have, our values are key to what makes our culture unique. They reflect who each of us are and they're embedded in everything we do.
Our values are:
- METRICS DRIVEN. We use insights to improve our customers’ experience and our business performance
- We are accountable to ourselves and those we work with: we keep our promises and get things done
- GROWTH MINDSET. This value enables us to be nimble to the changing realities and operate with a sense of urgency
- We are inclusive and respectful, celebrating each of us and giving everyone a deep sense of belonging with the desire to bring their best self to work every day.
- CUSTOMER CENTRIC. We are customer-centric in all that we do
- We are collaborative, able to work across teams and capitalise on the diversity of intellect, perspectives, and experiences.