Job Advert: EML Research Analyst, AMER
JOB TITLE: Research Analyst
BRAND: Euromoney Market Leaders
REPORTS TO: AMER Head of Research; AMER Editor/Research Manager
DEPARTMENT: AMS, NextGen, FPS
NextGen, a division of Euromoney, is hiring a Research Analyst with strong written and spoken English to undertake qualitative research into the financial services industry around the region and globe. This Research Analyst will be required to assess different aspects of financial services and categorize/rank providers according to their insights.
The successful applicant will analyze documents submitted by banks and interview leading banking professionals in order to benchmark market participants, capture market trends, and derive ranking tables and award winners.
At NextGen, we're building the future of information services: transforming our portfolio of B2B publishing brands into a modern, global information business.
Our business serves professionals across the financial and professional services sector, covering markets such as banking, legal, and insurance. We are a highly diversified business with services that support clients' market intelligence, business development, and workflow solutions, and over 70% of our revenue is recurring. Across NextGen, we have over 600 colleagues located in three main hubs, and customers in over 150 countries. Euromoney Institutional Investor is an international business-information group listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 250 share index.
The Research Analyst will specifically work within the Research Division of NextGen, which publishes market-leading information online and in print for the legal, banking and professional services verticals.
We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial culture – enabling creative, action-oriented, and knowledgeable professionals to do their best work. We also believe in autonomy, accountability, passion, and intellectual curiosity. For more information on the company and our strategy, please visit: https://www.euromoneyplc.com/about-us.
2. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
• Interviewing leading bankers and their clients (virtually and in-person, where applicable)
• Analyzing research submissions and market feedback
• Compiling bank rankings, analysis, and data for the research projects
• Ensuring and contributing to quality and timely research for jurisdictions in the Americas region
• Representing the publication at regional events and in meetings with banks and industry figures
from the region, where applicable
3. KEY SKILLS
• Strong written and spoken English
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to learn quickly and work independently
• A strong dedication to accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent critical thinking
• Excellent time management, adaptable and able to multi-task
• Sharp, clean writing
• Data organisation skills
• Motivated and hardworking individual
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• A proficient understanding of Excel
• Intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn about specialised sectors
• Genuine interest in banking, research, and analysis
4. RELEVANT BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
Relevant professional experience includes, but is not limited to:
• Experience in a research or analyst role
• Interviewing senior professionals
• Exposure to financial services industry a benefit
• Sourcing, managing, and analysing large datasets
• Handling large volumes of data
• Working collaboratively within a research team
5. KEY INTERFACES
• Daily – Regional brand team
• Weekly – Regional Director / brand teams
• Monthly – Regional Director
• Ad hoc – Global Head of Research, Marketing, Engagement teams, banking professionals
• Regularly - Banking professionals, business development, communications and public relations contacts at banks
• You will receive a competitive salary as well as other benefits, including vacation, sick, floating and volunteer days, discretionary gifted days and “early-finish Fridays”
• We offer flexible working arrangements and place a strong emphasis on a good work/life balance
• Access to LinkedIn learning for training and upskilling
• We are also an equal opportunity employer, welcoming applications from all qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age
The annual salary range for this position is $45K - $47,250 USD. The actual compensation may vary based on geographic location, work experience, education and skill levels. Our total compensation packages may also include competitive annual bonuses, commissions, or quarterly MBOs, dependent on the role. These will be discussed with you during the interview process. The salary range represents Delinian’s good faith belief of the current market-value for the role at the time of this posting and is provided in support of New York’s Salary Transparency initiative.
Start date: Feb 1, 2023