A highly strategic role for an experience sales development representative to lead the outbound prospecting function for a division of Euromoney Institutional Investor (a FTSE 250 financial media company).
Euromoney Learning, the training division of the group.
Euromoney Learning delivers customised learning programmes to banks on a global basis (inhouse courses). This is a consultative, B2B solutions-based service. We are seeking a highly motivated experienced sales development representative to lead the outbound function globally.
Company description: Euromoney Learning delivers customised learning programmes to banks on a global basis (inhouse courses). This is a consultative, B2B solutions-based service. We also run open enrolment programmes (public courses) which individual delegates attend from all over the world.
Euromoney Learning adopts a tiered, assembly line sales structure – sales development and closing/relationship management are responsibilities of separate teams.
The BDM’s function is to proactively develop new sales-qualified opportunities and pass these to the Client Relationship Managers (CRMs) who are responsible for closing and managing the post-sale process. BDMs are incentivised on the volume and quality of the leads they generate.
Your role is to be the Business Development Managers (BDM) for EMEA. This is the outbound sales development division of Euromoney Learning.
BDM Role responsibilities
· Prospect new leads for inhouse courses and pass qualified opportunities to the Client Relationship Managers (CRMs).
· Work with the Marketing dept. to develop and execute a sophisticated multi-touch outbound campaign methodology to generate interest from new potential Inhouse clients
· Develop and maintain account plans which clearly display target accounts and contacts – populate these into the CRM system on an ongoing basis
· Using LinkedIn Navigator and other resources, continuously identify and engage with new targets, leads and opportunities
· Make introductions and schedule meetings for the CRMs
· Continuously develop a high level of domain knowledge (Learning & Development; banking & financial services) in order to have meaningful conversations with prospects
· Manage relationships with our key top-tier Public Course buyers – identify opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell these and pass these to the CRMs
· Invite existing clients to attend taster sessions, webinars and other promotional events
· Meet with delegates at EL courses to gain their feedback and identify upsell opportunities
· Attend industry events, conferences (locally and nationally) to build contacts and networks and promote the value proposition to prospective new members.
· Enquire and engage with our past clients to understand their strategic learning priorities, gain market insights and feed these back to the Senior Management team
Knowledge & Experience
„ Can clear demonstrate consistent track record for developing new B2B sales opportunities
„ Adept user of LinkedIn Navigator for prospecting
„ Experience selling non-transactional, complex solutions
„ Working knowledge of the professional learning sector
„ Knowledge of the financial services sector
„ Existing leadership & management experience
Skills & Attitude
„ Excellent preparation & organisation skills
„ Excellent work ethic
„ Productivity and industriousness
„ Ability to work quickly to deadline delivering high quality outputs.
„ Active listening skills
„ Excellent questioning skills
„ Communication skills & rapport building
„ High levels resilience and ability to overcome objections
„ Highly motivated with the natural ability to inspire and motivate others
„ Intelligence and intellectual curiosity with a strong capacity to take on feedback and adapt
„ Highly collaborative team work skills
„ Creativity & problem solving
„ Analytical & reporting skills – can present information in a clear, succinct way to senior management