The UK Service Desk Manager is responsible for the day to day running and successful operation of the London based IT service desk, serving both UK and global customers. The role has the responsibility for effective management of all incidents and service requests to ensure customers receive appropriate and timely service when required. This includes leading the major incident process. The Service Desk Manager will focus on the daily operation of the Service Desk. This includes ensuring the function delivers best in class customer service, meets and exceeds service levels whilst effectively managing incidents and service requests. The role is expected to be hands-on and engage in resolution as well as maintaining oversight of the team’s workload. Including reviewing individual ticket progress, planning of cover and balancing tasks appropriately. They will actively support, lead and develop Service Desk staff within an environment of continuous improvement through the use of feedback and development activities. Acting as the Service escalation point the Service Desk Manager will interact with customers, executives and the Service Delivery team to facilitate pertinent outcomes for the business.
- Act as the visual face of IT and provide exceptional customer service and set the examples for the team
- Day to day handling of Incidents and Service requests
- Promote the adoption of best practice processes according to ITIL in general and specifically for incident and service requests.
- Act as first escalation point for the team – functional and managerial.
- Contribute to escalated issue resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users when necessary.
- Manage and oversee all communication from the department ensuring clear messaging through appropriate channels.
- Provide reporting for common service desk KPI’s.
- Participate in and manage the processing of incoming calls to the Service Desk via both telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Track and analyse trends in Service Desk requests and generate statistical reports
- Oversee the development, implementation and administration of service desk procedures and policies.
- Train, coach and mentor Service Desk staff.
- Monitor incident trends and anticipate potential problems for proactive resolution
Skills and Experience Required
- Excellent customer service mentality and skillset
- Ability to lead a team with little supervision using own inititave
- Dedicated approach to continual service improvement
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Professional, courteous telephone manner
- Ability to handle customer complaints and escalations
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to lead and command respect of technical staff
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment
- Degree educated or qualified by experience
- Minimum of intermediate level ITIL certification
- At least 3 years (minimum) managing an IT Service desk function
- At least 3 years actively solving customer incidents on an IT Service Desk or call centre
- Demonstrated progressive experience in the management of a technical support team.
- Considerable experience operating within an ITIL service management environment
- Experience of configuring and operating an ITSM tool such as ServiceNow
- Extensive experience of computer hardware, including HP, Toshiba, Apple.
- Extensive experience with desktop operating systems, including Windows 7 & Mac OS
- Extensive experience with Active Directory, Exchange/Office 365 and Microsoft Office Suites.