The role of Head of Service Delivery is pivotal within the Central Technology function, accountable for the ownership, development and delivery of reliable and secure core infrastructure services across the Group.
As a member of the Central Technology senior management team, the Head of Service Delivery will contribute to developing and iterating the central technology function’s strategic goals, directing resources accordingly to achieve.
The Head of Service Delivery must work effectively with the divisional CTOs, Heads of Technology and business stakeholders, earning trust and respect.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for owning, developing and delivering reliable and secure Group wide core IT services (including service desk, end user compute, infrastructure and hosting, devops, application services, networks & telephony). Leveraging Cloud services and solutions where possible.
- Promoting a continuous service improvement philosophy (with a focus on quality), measuring improvements. Building healthy and positive relationships with key stakeholders working in a best of both worlds operating model.
- Responsible for leading the effective management of the service delivery team, alongside maximising strategic technology supplier relationships and optimising technology costs.
- Assuming core technology responsibilities where any anomalies exist (across divisions and functions), by working with respective divisional and functional stakeholders (factoring people impact).
What we are looking for:
- Solid experience (at least 3 years) in a Senior IT Operations management role, ideally had exposure to multiple operations roles
- Strong knowledge of management and development of modern technology infrastructure and services, including Information Security
- Has a proven track-record for delivering high quality services
- Preferred experience of working in a global business with 24/7 availability demands
- Experience of working within a federated organization (multiple divisions / business models) is an advantage
- Solid appreciation of customer service and improvement strategies
- Track record of delivering major change programmes (technology, people and process)
- Excellent team management experience, able to develop and get the best out of the team
- Excellent knowledge of the ITIL framework and processes and appreciation of Agile. Sensible adoption of best practice processes.
- Excellent communications and stakeholder management. Strong influencing skills.
- Strong problem solving skills (technical and organizational)
- Strong vendor management experience, commercially astute
- Strong knowledge and experience of leading public Cloud platforms (Microsoft Azure preferred) and implementation and management of SaaS based solutions (eg Salesforce, NetSuite, etc)
- Building a successful DevOps team, promoting automation and smart
- M&A integration experience, disposals (under TSA)
- Project management methodologies (Agile and Waterfall)
- Strong financial skills in terms of managing a budget and working closely with the finance team to report on technology spend. Continuously looking at ways to optimize the cost of technology services.