The Insurance Insider is the market leading brand providing the hardest to find exclusive news and analysis to the global wholesale, specialty and reinsurance industry.
Our events business is responsible for revenues of £1.6million in FY18 and comprises of conferences, membership clubs, awards dinners, bespoke roundtables as well as white-labelled events.
The events team is made of 7 people. The operational team and conference production team will report directly to the Evets Director, whilst the events marketing team will work closely with the Insurance group’s central marketing function. The events team is all based in London but required to support the portfolio of events based all over the world, mainly New York and London.
This role has the following key objectives:
- To support the profitable expansion of the group’s portfolio of events and ensure the best use of data and communication
- To lead and manage the events marketing team enabling them to meet business objectives
- To ensure the marketing is attracting the right calibre and number of delegates to Insurance Insider events and that the delegates sales executive is achieving their revenue targets
- To manage marketing budgets and ensure they are deployed to maximum efficiency
- Increase the number and quality of delegates attending our events and the percentage of online registrations to ensure delegate revenue targets are hit
- To be aware of delegate numbers/delegate revenue for every event and advise on what action is needed to increase numbers/sales
- Work closely with the core events team to assist in the marketing of our free to attend events
- Support the operations team with the marketing of industry events (Monte Carlo, Baden Baden, Sirc and PCI) to ensure sponsor commitments are deliveredSet, track and monitor defined marketing and business KPIsDevise, implement, manage and measure strategies to drive engagement and conversion rates of prospects and current customersWork with Events Director and Commercial Director to develop robust pricing strategies to maximize revenue
- Work with the technology team to ensure the marketing technology requirements are met.
- In conjunction with colleagues for the subscription and data products within the group, develop the content marketing strategy
- Increase marketing effectiveness by using data to make channel and marketing strategy decisions
- Ensure marketing efforts increase inbound enquiries
- Support the marketing services team to generate more leads for sponsorship
- Ensure the development of the events marketing team members so they have the right skill-sets and are properly motivated to meet product objectives
- Liaise closely with heads of editorial, of sales, and of data to inform the structure and content of marketing and to leverage new and existing brand relationships
- Work with heads of production & sales to ensure the successful development and launch of events and/or expansion into new segments
- Manage and execute marketing for Executive Briefings & large scale events, involving the preparation of email campaigns, microsites, banners, adverts, list preparation etc.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Experience in marketing B2B events preferably in the financial sector.
- Experience of managing budgets
- Demonstrated strategic thinking ability.
- Experience managing and developing team members
- Direct experience in the commercialisation of events including launch events
- Creative and innovative marketing skills.
- High-level editing and writing skills.
- A broad understanding of the operation of financial markets.
- A talented manager, able to develop people and work alongside other teams
- Ability to multi-task and to keep to deadlines
- Knowledge and experience in using all or most of adestra, html creation, Salesforce, Neolane, Sprinklr, LinkedIn, Twitter, CMS systems