The Insurance Insider is recruiting a Managing Editor for its London-based team to cover maternity leave starting in January.
The Managing Editor will deputise for the Editor-in-Chief in his absence, taking responsibility for the editorial direction of the title, chairing editorial meetings and dealing with any important issues that arise.
The role will also involve sharing a range of responsibilities with the other editors on the team that will include some of the following:
- Line management of reporters;
- Anchoring the day-to-days news coverage;
- Overseeing exclusive news production, including mentoring reporters through stories and generating ideas to pursue;
- Editing copy both for the website and for weekly issues;
- Writing value add content for the magazine;
- Attending overseas industry conferences and acting as an ambassador for the title;
- Overseeing the production of special conference issues.
The successful candidate will:
- Have substantial experience as an editor in a B2B context;
- Have deep knowledge of the insurance sector;
- Have strong leadership skills, an ability to inspire a team and a cool head under fire;
- Be an effective people manager, with strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to buy-in to our culture;
- Be a skilled writer, with a track record of creating value add content;
- Be highly organised and structured, with the ability to multi-task successfully and work at pace;
- Have experience chairing events.