Fastmarkets host 50+ events across the globe under 4 different umbrella brands (Fastmarkets, Coaltrans, Global Grain, RISI). Renowned for the seniority of the audience and quality of the debate, our events offer the perfect mix of market insight and networking.
The business currently employs 25+ staff in London, Bedford, MA and Shanghai. They make up our five interconnecting units: Production, Operations, Customer Services, Marketing and Sponsorship. A Euromoney employee is tenacious and ambitious and prides themselves on their excellent client service whilst constantly striving for personal and professional development. We are a dynamic company with teams who work closely together in order to guarantee our continuing success.
JOB DESCRIPTION – OPERATIONS MANAGER
Scope of responsibilities:
- Start to finish logistics for international series of events held globally across 4 event brands (range 100-1000 participants, 20-50 speakers, 2-50 sponsors & exhibitors).
- Confident and professional manner when communicating at all levels with senior stakeholders in the event, to ensure needs are met and expectations exceeded:
- Sponsors – ensuring all elements of contracts are delivered on
- Speakers – comprehensive logistical support pre, during and after the event
- Delegates – assisting the Customer Service Department with registering participants on Salesforce, invoicing and general customer service duties onsite.
- Suppliers - sourcing, negotiating and liaising with suppliers for each event – including venues, audio-visual, translation services, documentation printing, signage, stage-set, designers et al both local and overseas.
- Internal – setup, drive and attend regular project meetings for each event to ensure smooth communication within the team and aid the professional delivery of our events to external stakeholders
- Compiling documentation for each event:
- Liaising with event stakeholders to ensure materials are received on time
- Formatting and compiling documentation in Acrobat and ensure print deadlines are met
- Creating a professional creative onsite environment for all participants to ensure individual objectives are not just met, but exceeded. This includes processes, systems as well as the visual aspect of the events.
- Budgetary control; ensuring events hit budgets, costs are controlled, prices compared and discounts negotiated without compromising quality. Preparation and maintenance of realistic forecasts and budgets and submission of complete and accurate accounts on strict deadlines.
- Manage all staff onsite to ensure the smooth running of the event.
- Project manage your events onsite
- Confident, able to work with minimum supervision to strict deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Extremely organised - able to multi-task, work on multiple events at the same time, excellent time management and prioritise while remaining deadline focused
- Excellent communication skills – able to deal with people at all levels, good written communication and confident telephone manner. Foreign languages are beneficial, but not essential.
- Highly numerate – invoicing, budgets (including multi-currency events)
- Accurate, good eye for detail, meticulous and well organised
- Show initiative and be proactive to ensure quick and effective problem solving
- IT skills – Salesforce (beneficial), Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Adobe PDF, good Internet research skills, Typing to at least 50wpm
- Ability to work well within a small, tight-run team
- Proactive approach, willingness to show initiative and accept responsibility
- Confidence to negotiate with and develop good business relationships with clients, sponsors, venues and contractors
- Aptitude and flexibility to travel internationally (including weekend travel) and the ability to handle challenging, unfamiliar surroundings.
Proven commercial event experience. International experience and foreign language skills are an advantage.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Operations.