Head of editorial, LMG Insight
Euromoney’s Legal Media Group is hiring a head of editorial to lead the development of its subscription content.
The role will oversee all editorial output of LMG Insight’s subscription titles focused on tax, financial law and intellectual property. The successful candidate will manage a team of 13 editors and reporters and will be responsible for raising standards across the teams and identifying new opportunities for growth.
They will work closely with the marketing function too, on building campaigns to grow engagement and new cash.
He/she will also take ownership of the group’s in-house thought leadership business, working with the titles’ editors to produce high-value, forward-looking surveys.
This is an exciting role and requires a passionate, talented leader with strong managerial and editorial experience.
- Manage LMG’s editorial teams, developing and coaching the existing team and identifying and addressing gaps in skills and experience
- Help shape and implement a plan to overhaul LMG’s subscription content
- Oversee the successful migration from print to online. This will include working with the editors to overhaul and improve the titles’ online content, while reimagining a reduced print output
- Ensure consistent quality of the content we publish across our brands and align with user analytics
- Re-launch the core titles’ editorial newsletters, ensuring subscribers are receiving relevant, high-value content segmented according to their specialism
- Lead the group’s thought leadership output. This involves producing special reports and also overseeing the output from the wider teams
- Work closely with the marketing team to deliver improved customer engagement and new business conversion
- A number of years as editor at a leading business-to-business title with a track record writing and editing compelling content about complex issues
- Extensive experience of managing and coaching editorial teams
- Working closely with subscription sales and marketing teams
- A number of years’ experience of developing premium content based on customer insight
- Experience using Google Analytics
- A talented leader of people and able to develop and coach your team
- A great listener and willing learner
- Integrity and a passion for accuracy
- Ability to keep to deadlines
- Ambitious with a real drive to succeed in the role