Euromoney Senior Business Development Manager – Euromoney Publishing
About Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC
Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC (www.euromoneyplc.com) is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 250 share index. It is an international business-information group covering asset management, price discovery, data and market intelligence, and banking and finance under brands including Euromoney, Institutional Investor, BCA Research, Ned Davis Research and Metal Bulletin. The group also runs an extensive portfolio of events for the telecoms and commodities markets – such as International Telecoms Week.
Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC is divided into five key divisions. One of these is the “Banking & Finance” Division. This division is made up of 3 leading brands - Euromoney, Global Capital and IMN. The Banking & Finance division employs over 200 people, in 4 global offices and has revenues in excess of £60m. Product highlights include:
- Euromoney’s Awards for Excellence - the awards that matter to the banks and bankers who matter. Receives over 1,500 submissions
- IMN - the world’s largest events for structured finance professionals
- 20,000 attendees at Euromoney Live Events
- 40,000 respondents to Euromoney’s Polls and Surveys
- Publishes 100+ interviews with Bank CEO’s, Central Governors and Ministers of Finance each year
- 10,000 participants (from Graduates to Board members) on its transformative learning programs
- 250,000 website visitors each month on Euromoney.com
- Providing multi-platform marketing services for many Tier 1 Banks
About the Role
Within the Euromoney brand, its commercial activity is split between its Publishing, Conferences and Learning businesses. The Euromoney Business Development Manager (SBDM) will have responsibility for growing existing client spend as well as identifying new revenue opportunities for the publishing part of the business.
We are looking for a highly experienced and credible sales professional with a record of B2B sales ideally in financial markets. Reporting to the Euromoney Commercial Director, the successful candidate will play an important role in growing the business.
The successful candidate will be action-oriented, results-driven and bring inspiration, credibility and commercial awareness to the business. The will have the ability to think longer-term yet drive execution tactically and manage the balance between the two.
BDM Role responsibilities
- Achieving personal sales targets on a quarterly and annual basis
- Help to lead our clients in accelerating their transition from print to digital revenues.
- Ensuring growth in spend via marketing solution services and data businesses
- Continuously develop a high level of domain knowledge (Learning & Development; banking & financial services) in order to have meaningful conversations with prospects
- Collaborating with the conference teams to identify and execute new events ranging from roundtables to new conferences.
- Strategic planning of key accounts who Euromoney can work with to accelerate revenue growth
Knowledge & Experience
- Can clearly demonstrate consistent track record for developing new B2B sales opportunities
- Proven ability to influence across a complex organization with multiple stakeholders
- Creation and Implemented successful, sophisticated and complex marketing solutions
- Can present information in a clear, succinct way to senior buyers
- Working collaboratively with relevant departments and the leadership team
- Demonstrate an ability to work quickly to deadlines, delivering high quality outputs.
Nice to have:
- Experience of selling to financial services
- Experience of selling research and/or data lead sales
- Language skills
Skills & Attitude
- Positive attitude
- Excellent preparation & organisation skills
- Excellent work ethic
- Productivity and industriousness
- Active listening skills
- Excellent questioning skills
- Communication skills & rapport building
- High levels resilience and ability to overcome objections
- Intelligence and intellectual curiosity with a strong capacity to take on feedback and adapt
- Highly collaborative team work skills
- Creativity & problem solving