Service Desk Analyst, Technology
UK Service Desk Manager
Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 250 share index. It is an international business-to-business media group focused primarily on the asset management, banking and commodities sectors under brands including Euromoney, Institutional Investor and Metal Bulletin. It is a leading provider of economic and investment research and data under brands including BCA Research, Ned Davis Research. The group also runs an extensive portfolio of events for the financial and commodities markets. Its main offices are in London, New York, Montreal, Hong Kong and Sofia.
Euromoney is a dynamic organization with a newly independent status, following a share buy back from DMGT plc, and ambitious growth plans.
ABOUT THE FUNCTION
The Group’s Central Technology function works with and complements the business focused (outward) Divisional technology teams. It is principally responsible for delivering core shared services (inward) across the Group. Due to its group wide coverage it is able to leverage economies of scale and provide subject matter expertise in a range of core disciplines.
The Service Delivery team provides core shared infrastructure and security services across the divisions. It delivers reliable, secure and cost effective core services (e-mail, file and print, end user computing, back-office applications, infrastructure and networks). The DevOps team support and maintain the centrally hosted divisional websites, providing 24x 5 coverage. The Information Security team develops, implements and maintains security controls to mitigate the ever-increasing risk of cyber threats.
The Central Technology function also oversees risk, audit, compliance and disaster recovery processes across the Group, working closely with the Risk function and divisional teams.
Service Desk Analysis is a critical role in delivering high quality IT services to the Business by building relationships with end users and ensuring their technical issues are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
The primary success factors for this role are ensuring the customer is kept informed and communicated to through the full lifecycle of their issues and that all calls are successfully triaged to allow them to be resolved within SLAs.
The role sits within Central Technology and has no management or team leadership responsibilities.
· Provide customer service to end users to assist them in resolving their issues and requests
· Ensure end user’s issues and requests are responded to in a courteous, efficient and timely manner
· Detailed and accurate logging of all support request information in Service Now to track progress and communicate status updates on regular basis
· Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action and resolutions within prescribed guidelines and/or escalates to other resolver teams to address
· Keep the service desk manager and/or team members informed of any recurring problem issues that can negatively impact IT services
· Configure and provision laptops, desktops and mobile devices
· Management of disabling users accounts, forwarding of emails (if need be), removing phone extensions, removing access to other system resources upon user termination
· Maintain the IT assets catalogue of both hardware and software assets
· Assisting Service Desk Manager in facilitating and executing various IT projects to further Customer Excellence goals
· Develop a good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
· Adhere to defined ITSM processes including incident management and problem management
· Promoting ITIL best practice (eg recognition and adoption of Problem management process)
· Follow active procedures and suggest process improvement where appropriate
· Assist with the creation and maintenance of support documentation and knowledge base
· Work closely with the infrastructure team to develop deeper technical knowledge of Euromoney IT systems within the Service Desk team
· Provide user insights back to the Infrastructure and other technical teams to ensure customer requirements are considered within technical solutions
· Ownership of direct customer facing technology such as meeting room equipment to ensure solutions are fit for purpose, promoted to end users and relevant training provided
· Excellent customer service mentality and skillset
· Dedicated to improving the service provided by the team
· Excellent communication skills and interface at all levels
· Excellent telephone manner
· Flexible and enthusiastic
· Articulate and confident
· Extremely pro-active approach to providing support
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Critical Thinker – Can think outside the box to resolve issues where needed.
· Highly self-motivated and directed.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
· Demonstrated progressive experience in the management of a technical support team.
· Experience of Service Now would be desirable
· Extensive knowledge of computer hardware, including HP, IBM, Toshiba, Apple.
· Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 7, Windows 10, Mac OS and Microsoft Office 365 Suites.
· ITIL Foundation or equivalent experience
· Strong communicator and listener
· Analytical (with attention to detail)
· Results driven
· Honesty and integrity
· Team player
· Positive attitude
· Central Technology management team
· Divisional (business) stakeholders
· Vendors /suppliers
· Central Technology Finance Manager
RESOURCES INCLUDING TEAM MANAGEMENT
· Not Applicable