Managing Editor – IFLR Group December 2018
Euromoney’s International Financial Law Review Group is looking for a Managing Editor to join its London-based team.
The position offers an experienced editor the opportunity to take a leading role at two high-value legal titles, IFLR and its sister publication Practice Insight.
IFLR is the market-leading financial law publication for lawyers in financial institutions, corporates and private practice. Its sister title, Practice Insight uncovers and explains how financial institutions are complying with capital markets regulations.
Reporting into Legal Media Group’s London-based Head of Editorial the Managing Editor will work directly with the global team of reporters on both titles and alongside its subscriptions and marketing teams to grow the product’s readership.
The candidate will also be responsible for providing editorial advice, where needed, on commercial project such as awards, supplements and events.
He/she will also take an ambassadorial role, representing IFLR and Practice Insight at its regular conferences, seminars and awards.
The Managing Editor’s key objectives will be to:
- Develop and enhance IFLR’s established coverage of the global financial and corporate law market, and grow subscription revenues as a result
- Train, mentor and support relevant team members to ensure the smooth migration of IFLR’s content to a high-value, in-house led brand
- Lead and continue the growth of Practice Insight by mentoring its editorial team, meeting the market and writing stories where possible
- Work with the Editorial Director to introduce clear KPIs and improve subscriber engagement by aligning content output with readers’ interests
- Enforce an agreed set of editorial standards, ensuring the IFLR team produce minimum numbers of pieces each week, to a high standard
- Identify areas suitable for new product launches and oversee the research and launch of those new products
- Assist IFLR’s commercial team where needed, providing ideas and input on supplements, awards and new events
The successful candidate must:
- have excellent writing and editing skills
- have a strong grasp of Google Analytics
- be happy to travel internationally
- be a talented leader of people, able to develop team members and mentor progress
- be tenacious, resilient and have a desire to truly understand what can be complex issues
- be able to comfortably network to build a strong contact base
- be able to multitask and work both quickly and accurately to tight deadlines
- have excellent spoken and written English