JOB DESCRIPTION – CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER
Scope of responsibilities:
Start to finish customer service administration for our international series of events.
- Processing of registrations from our customers
- Invoicing and credit control for delegate and sponsorship invoices
- Securing full payment from all clients in advance of the event
- Responding and promptly resolving wide ranging customer queries
- Improving customer service systems and processes
- Working closely with the operations team to ensure seamless delivery of the events
- Representing the business professionally at all times in written and spoken communication, both in the office and onsite at events.
- Provide accurate information to the finance team including revenue reports and event reconciliation throughout the event cycle.
- Running the registration desk onsite (on selected events)
- Excellent communication skills – able to deal with people at all levels, good written communication and confident telephone manner. Foreign languages are beneficial, but not essential
- Confident, able to work with minimum supervision to strict deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Extremely organised - able to multi-task, work on multiple events at the same time
- High attention to detail
- Applicants should have experience in a customer service environment
- Show initiative and be proactive to ensure quick and effective problem solving
- IT skills – databases (experience with Salesforce is essential) Advanced Word and Excel, Typing to at least 50wpm
- Highly numerate – invoicing, budgets (including multi-currency events) and credit control
- Proactive approach, willingness to show initiative and accept responsibility
- Flexibility to travel internationally to deliver customer service onsite (3-4 trips per year)