You can use the Ctrl key on your keyboard to select more than one option in each section.
Click column header to sort
Fastmarkets is an independent commodity pricing and information organisation with over 500 staff. We are fuelled by values that brings us all together and are united by a collective passion to make a difference. We are supported by a working model that we call “Working 3.0” that is based on flexibility and trust, which allows us to bring our best selves to work every day.
Fastmarkets is the most trusted Price Reporting Agency (PRA) in the metals, mining, agriculture, forest products, and energy transition markets. Our price data, forecasts, and market analyses give our customers strategic advantage in complex, volatile, often opaque markets. Our events provide forums for market participants to come together, trade, and talk through the critical issues of our times.
We are making a difference. Fastmarkets works to create transparent commodity markets through our reliable and trusted price data and market intelligence. The markets we serve are central to how economies work and are essential for our lives. By doing this, Fastmarkets helps our customers build a more sustainable world. We are built on a 130-year foundation while bringing a digital platform to market, combining the currency of trust with the power of digital.
Most importantly, we are fuelled by our teams that, across the globe, making the amazing possible. With a deep sense of purpose and belonging, we are building an extraordinary future – together. If you would like to help build the future, we hope you will join us on our journey.
Fastmarkets was founded in 1913 (as Metal Bulletin) and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by global private equity firm Astorg, a specialist investor in healthcare, software, technology, business services and technology-based industrial companies.
About the role
We are looking for a proactive and analytical person to join our Asian team to manage and develop the pulp and paper mill intelligence analytics at Fastmarkets RISI. The location for this permanent position is preferably Shanghai, but Beijing and home office might also be considered.
Our global team has a well-established presence in this field, along with an industry-leading product offering used by most major producers, end-users, suppliers, and financial service providers. The successful candidate will report to Senior Product Manager, Asia Mill Intelligence, based in Shanghai.
This position is an entry-level one with the preferred candidate having a degree in pulp and paper technology, while other educational backgrounds will also be considered based on their work experience. The candidate should have the ability to generate quality research, with unique and insightful analysis that provides value and guidance to customers. Prior work experience in pulp and paper manufacturing or consulting is not necessary but is considered helpful in the role. The candidate must have strong written and oral communication skills in Mandarin and English, while proficiency in other Asian languages is considered an asset.
- To collect, maintain and update information about pulp and paper mill
- To perform mill cost competitiveness analysis and Asset Database updates
- To prepare mass and energy balances of assigned mills
- To collect, maintain and interpret unit cost information
- Timely update of assigned mills in Asia-Pacific region
- Timely delivery of quarterly unit costs, other regional data, and any assigned non-recurring content
- Following regional industry news and participating in assigned industry events and forums.
We recruit talented, dynamic people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, all united by a belief in our mission to provide the world’s leading and most trusted price reporting, events, and intelligence service for the markets we serve. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to creating a fully inclusive workplace, where everyone feels able to participate and contribute meaningfully. You must be open-minded, curious, resilient, and solutions-oriented, and committed to promoting equality.
If you're excited about the role but your experience, skills or qualifications don't perfectly align, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- Knowledge of pulp, paper or packaging related businesses, technologies, and operations
- Good analytical skills: modelling, statistics and managing data
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in Chinese Mandarin and English is mandatory, while command of other Asian languages will be considered an asset
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint software.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with a focus on Pulp or Paper Technology is preferred, Chemical/Industrial Engineering background can be considered based on work experience.
- Preferably relevant experience including internship.
Fastmarkets people come from all different walks of life. It’s this mix of brilliant personalities, experiences and insights that gives us that warm, open, and friendly culture you can feel as soon as you meet us. But however wonderfully different we all are, there are six things we all have in common – and they form our Fastmarkets values.
Created by our own employees to reflect some of the personal traits that Fastmarkets people have, our values are key to what makes our culture unique. They reflect who each of us are and they're embedded in everything we do.
Our values are:
- METRICS DRIVEN. We use insights to improve our customers’ experience and our business performance
- ACCOUNTABLE. We are accountable to ourselves and those we work with: we keep our promises and get things done
- GROWTH MINDSET. This value enables us to be nimble to the changing realities and operate with a sense of urgency
- INCLUSIVE. We are inclusive and respectful, celebrating each of us and giving everyone a deep sense of belonging with the desire to bring their best self to work every day.
- CUSTOMER CENTRIC. We are customer-centric in all that we do
- COLLABORATIVE. We are collaborative, able to work across teams and capitalise on the diversity of intellect, perspectives, and experiences.
You’ve read a little about us – now it’s over to you!
If you like what you’ve read so far and think you can see yourself as a Fastmarkets person, it’s time to fill in your application form. This form is an important part of the selection process: it’s used to determine whether or not you’ll be chosen to have an interview and acts as a basis for the questions we’ll ask you on the day. It’s vital that you try to capture all the relevant information we have asked for on the form so we can get a good feel for who you are and why you’re great.
Closing date for applications: 31st December 2022
Location: Shanghai, China
Contract type: Full-time, permanent
At NextGen, we're building the future of information services: transforming our portfolio of B2B publishing brands into a modern, global information business.
Our business serves professionals across the financial and professional services sector, covering markets such as banking, legal, and insurance. We are a highly diversified business with services that support clients' market intelligence, business development, and workflow solutions, and over 70% of our revenue is recurring. Across NextGen, we have over 600 colleagues located in three main hubs, and customers in over 150 countries.
Our business is transforming as we seek to retain the relevance our brands have within the markets they serve, while also taking advantage of our scale to deliver better results for our customers and shareholders. This means laser focus on responding to our client's needs for specialism, while also building common tools and functions that allow us to meet customer's needs better.
We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial culture – enabling creative, action-oriented, and knowledgeable professionals to do their best work. We also believe in autonomy, accountability, passion, and a sense of humour.
NextGen is part of the Financial and Professional Services division of Euromoney Institutional Investor, an international business-information group listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 250 share index. For more information on the company and our strategy, please visit: https://www.euromoneyplc.com/about-us.
Reporter – Sustainable Finance
The reporter will produce editorial content focused on developments in sustainable finance for both the print magazine and Euromoney.com. They will be expected to become specialists in the sector and act as an ambassador for the organisation.
- Contribute to Euromoney’s coverage of the sustainable finance sector, identifying the most important deals, themes, and key industry news. Provide engaging and accurate analysis of the sector across banking and investment management to provide readers with invaluable insight into market developments.
- Write accurate, timely and informed coverage across a range of styles, from long-form feature articles to breaking news, analysis, by-lined columns and shorter opeds. Editorial judgement is required to adapt tone and voice to the range of journalistic formats across the magazine and website.
- Research and record engaging and timely podcasts examining key industry themes with relevant experts.
- Build a broad number of deep relationships with key players in the sector to establish unrivalled access and insight into financial market and regulatory developments.
- Pitch story ideas across all editorial sections. Participate in regular editorial meetings providing insight and collaboration with the rest of the editorial team across all coverage areas.
- Proactively engage with the market and the magazine’s readership across social media platforms to drive engagement with editorial coverage.
- Represent the magazine at industry events to provide coverage, build contacts and to enhance Euromoney’s longstanding reputation for excellence in the markets it covers.
The trainee reporter will report to the editor.
Work with senior journalists, such as regional editors, and/or the editor, editorial director and deputy editor to produce timely and relevant coverage. Senior editorial colleagues guide the overall direction of coverage and have final say over what is covered, but the trainee reporter is expected to develop their own ideas and to manage their own workload.
Must develop strong relationships with key people in and around their market to provide the sharpest and most insightful coverage.
Work with the editor, and the marketing and production teams to make sure their coverage reaches the largest possible audience.
Euromoney runs a comprehensive editorial training programme.
- We offer a competitive salary, paid holiday, vacation, and volunteer days
- We offer flexible working arrangements and place a strong emphasis on a good work/life balance, such as “work from anywhere” (within the UK) and 4.5 day working week.
- Access to LinkedIn Learning for training and upskilling
- We are also an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age
The People Intelligence business is the fastest growing business within Euromoney whose aim is to become a leading, global, data-intelligence business focused on the people who have the greatest impact on our client’s success. To date, People Intelligence has grown through a strategy of acquisition, acquiring 4 businesses Wealth X, BoardEx, Wealth Engine and Relationship Science over the last 18 months
Reporting to the Managing Director, Enterprise Sales, the Senior Account Executive is a self-driven, results-oriented, sales professional with a positive outlook able to carry out professional sales activities to secure sales of both RelSci and BoardEx. Our clients are some of the most influential Investment Banks, Law Firms and insurance companies in the world.
If you have excellent Sales skills, strong research and communication skills and are great at networking, we would like to talk. Five to ten years of “hunting” Sales experience selling software is a must; experience selling feeds and data is a plus. If you are an experienced B2B Enterprise Sales Solutions professional with experience selling into the insurance financial services, professional services, legal, or executive search we would like to talk to you.
- Identify and prioritise industry sector opportunities and sell into identified sectors
- Secure demonstrations to senior decision makers within an organisation
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries in a timely manner
- Close deals and see the process through to invoicing of contract value
- Regularly update relevant information on Microsoft Dynamics.
- Achieving monthly sales targets on a cumulative basis
- Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant management information.
- Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development.
- Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience working with and selling into executive search, bankers, lawyers, partners in consulting firms or PE/Hedge Fund owners/managers and also CTO’s, is a strong plus
- Experience with SaaS and fintech products a strong plus
- Understand the complex nature of CRM systems, the challenges surrounding their implementation and the integration of 3rd party data and software
- Ability to interact from C-Suite to Associate level required
- Very high presentation skills and exceptional face-to-face communication skills
- Computer literate with knowledge of CRM system Microsoft Dynamics
- Hard working with a positive attitude, strong work ethic, ability to work under pressure and independently
- Have experience generating opportunities from cold call to close
- Self-motivated and able to prove this based on previous performance
- Effective collaborative, consultative sales skills to connect the needs of our clients with our capabilities
- Motivated by the desire to constantly learn in a changing environment and actively contribute to a dynamic team structure
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
- Accels at networking, setting up meetings and closing deals
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
ITR is looking for a reporter to discover and report on developments happening across the fast-changing tax sector in a style that offers exclusive insight to ITR’s core audience of in-house tax executives, working closely with the Managing Editor to deliver content and help subscription growth.
You will be responsible for delivering regular content for the ITR website, unearthing exclusives, trends and developments to ensure the ITR readership receives value from their subscription. You will also pitch and write exclusive trend articles and podcasts, examining the practices of tax paying companies and their in-house teams.
- Responsible for delivering regular content for the ITR website and magazine
- Responsible for unearthing exclusives, trends and developments to ensure the ITR readership receives value from their subscription
- Pitch and write exclusive trend articles and podcasts, examining the practices of tax paying companies and their in-house teams
- Develop and maintain good relationships with senior figures at corporates, accountancy firms and treasuries via frequent phone calls and face-to-face meetings and interviews
- Work closely with the managing editor in expanding areas of coverage and tracking engagement with content
- Reporting on a range of topic areas and building a network of contacts, sources and expertise.
- Attend and report on ITR and external events as required
- Assist with digital publications as required by the managing editor
- To work with peers and colleagues across the division to establish networking links and common areas for collaboration
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE (essential and desirable)
- Excellent researching, interviewing and writing skills
- Strong initiative
- Flawless written/spoken UK English
- The ability to learn quickly
- The ability to work independently with light supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- An excellent team player
- A strong grasp of Google Analytics
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Tenacity, resilience and possessing curiosity to truly understand complex issues
- Comfortable networker and able to build a strong contact base
- Ability to work quickly and accurately to tight deadlines
- Ability to commission articles
EXPERIENCE (essential and desirable)
- Online and multinedia journalism
- Finding and building relationships with new sources
- Generating story leads
- Sound knowledge of, and interest in the business sector
- A passion for building networks of sources and willingness to engage with the market
- Excellent written English and bachelor’s degree or higher
- News writing ability and previous journalism experience
- Experience with data journalism